Welcome to the 18th E-SOVE Conference, 8 - 11th October 2012
"From biology to integrated control in a changing world"
Montpellier network on Vectors and Emerging Diseases (VME), is pleased to invite you to participate in the 18th E-SOVE Conference Montpellier 2012, organised in the “Palais des Congrès” of the Corum, Montpellier, France, from 8th to 11th October 2012. Approximatly 300 participants are expected, mainly from Europe but also from America, Africa and Middle East.
For the 18th edition, the E-SOVE « European Society of Vector Ecology » conference comes back to its homeland, Montpellier, where the E-SOVE founding conference was held in 1986. Montpellier and its region host the largest European community of researchers, engineers and students in the field of nuisance and vector arthropods, with several thousand researchers, research lecturers, engineers and technicians working in this field at IRD, EID Méditerranée, CIRAD, in the universities, at CNRS and at INRA. This community is structured by the Montpellier network on Vectors and Emerging Diseases (VME), founded in 2009 and funded by the Languedoc-Roussillon region.
The 18th E-SOVE Conference will focus on: "From biology to integrated control in a changing world". It will present the latest vector ecology discoveries and control methods. Six Scientific sessions (oral presentations and poster sessions) will deal with:
- Vector status: taxonomy, systemic, phylogeny
- Vector behaviour: life-history traits, fitness, intra- and inter-species competition, biology of populations, invasive species
- Vector-pathogen interactions: vector competence, immunity of vector, vector manipulation by parasites
- Eco-epidemiology of vector borne diseases: spatiotemporal dynamics of the transmission, geomatics, modelling
- Vector control: biocides, repellents, traps, integrated vector management, personal protection, human and social sciences, SIT, irradiation, Wolbachia, genetic control
- Impacts of the vector control: ecotoxicity in the food chain, politic and societal perceptions.
Montpellier network on Vectors and Emerging Diseases (VME),|
Local organisation committee
and Pr. Bulent Alten, President of E-SOVE